For Islamic Studies, review the following:
Brilliance of the Minarets Study Guide Lesson #2
1. Mention a Verse that proves Allah created and predestined everything?
2. What is the largest single creation?
3. Mention a Qur’anic Verse that proves the existence of the ^Arsh.
4. What did the Prophet (sallallahu ^alayhi wa sallam) say about the size of the ^Arsh?
5. What did Imam ^Aliyy say about the ^Arsh?
6. Mention a Verse that proves Allah controls the hearts of the people. Mention a Hadith that proves the same.
7. What was the blasphemous claim of the Mu^tazilah regarding the actions of the humans?
8. Mention a verse that proves Allah is the only Creator.
9. What is the meaning of “acquisition”?
10. Mention a verse that proves the human does not create his deeds, but merely acquires them.
11. Mention a Qur’anic verse that proves Allah is the Creator of human actions. Mention a Hadith that proves the aforementioned.
12. Give a brief rational proof that humans cannot be the “creators” of the actions.
A False Dilemma is a fallacy in which a person uses the following pattern of “reasoning”:
- Either claim X is true or claim Y is true (when X and Y could both be false).
- Claim Y is false.
- Therefore claim X is true.
Please review the above info and be ready to discuss in class.