Ibn Asakir Review (Mid-Term)
1. Mention the Hadith related by At-Tirmidhiyy regarding the importance of seeking Sacred knowledge.
2. Mention the saying of Jundub ibn Abdullah.
3. When and where was Fakhrud-Din Ibn Asakir born/die?
4. Give the meanings for the following Verses:
A. Al-Furqan, 2 D. Az-Zumar, 62
B. At-Tawbah, 129 E. Al-Baqarah, 286
C. Al-An^am, 110
5. Mention a Verse and Hadith that prove Allah is the Creator of human actions.
6. Mention a rational proof that the human can not create his (or her) own actions.
7. Mention a Qur’anic proof that we do not know the reality of the soul.
8. Give three meanings for the Name of Allah, Al-Qayyum.
9. Explain briefly the blasphemous beliefs of al-hulul and wahdatul-wujud.
10. Mention some of the blasphemies of the “philosophers.”
11. Mention the three rational judgments.
12. Mention a Verse that proves we are commanded to use our intellects.
13. Who are the Mushabbihah?
14. Mention a Qur’anic proof that Allah knows everything.
15. Give the meaning of Qaf, 29.
16. Mention a Qur’anic proof that the human’s will is subordinate to Allah’s Will.
17. Give the meaning of Iman as defined in the Hadith of Jibril.
18. Mention a Qur’anic proof that Allah is Omniscient. Omnipotent. Transcendent.
19. What is the meaning of the Name of Allah, Al-^Aziz?
20. Mention three Verses that prove Islam is the only true religion.
21. Give the meaning of Adh-Dhariyat, 56.
22. Mention the saying of Al-Ghazaliyy regarding the validity of worship.
23. What is meant when we say “to know Allah.”
24. Explain the difference between the Will of Allah and the Order of Allah.
25. Who were the Qadariyyah/Mu^tazilah?
26. How would you explain the reason for Allah creating evil?
27. Mention Imam Ali’s saying regarding human will and the Will of Allah.
28. Mention Imam Ash-Shafi^iyy’s saying regarding Destiny.
29. Mention Abu Hanifah’s formula to refute the Qadariyyah.
30. Explain the difference between the Everlastingness of Allah and the everlastingness of Paradise.