It is reported:
Jiaogulan (Gynostemma) is a plant that grows wild in China. The leaf is used to make medicine. Jiaogulan is sometimes referred to as “Southern Ginseng” because it grows in south central China and is used in similar ways as ginseng. Gynostemma is also known as: sweet tea vine, fairy leaf, and “magic grass.” Jiaogulan is used for high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and improving heart function. Gynostemma is a SUPERB adaptogen, that is, it helps the body and mind deal with stress. Furthermore, Gynostemma helps bring the body into homeostasis, that is, Gynostemma helps bring the body (and the moods) into balance—if one needs energy, it increases energy; if one needs to relax, it helps one to relax. It also helps the body find its optimal weight.
Benefits of Gynostemma
Increase strength and endurance
- Build lean muscle
- Reduce fatigue
- As a powerful adaptogen
- As a powerful antioxidant
- Reduce stress
- Treat depression and anxiety
- Maintain optimal weight
- Maintain normal blood sugar levels
- Remove toxins from the body
- As a general tonic for overall health and well-being
- Decrease bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides
- Increase good cholesterol (HDL)
- Lower high blood pressure
- Increase coronary blood flow
- Decrease vascular resistance
- As a healthy source of natural vitamins and minerals
- Maintain healthy brain function
- Enhance immune system
Bring a cup of water in a pot to a roil (close to a boil); add a teaspoon of Gynostemma. Steep for 3-5 minutes for the best taste. One can steep for a longer time to get optimal health and medicinal benefit.
Health is invisible wealth.